(This post contains affiliate links, see my full disclosure here.)Eleven years ago, I left a job at a company I loved, because my faith was under attack. I was mocked, and wrongly accused, yet the worst part was lacking the words to articulate my belief in Christ; and not having the ability defend my faith. This experience later inspired me to seek answers that would not just allow me to communicate clearly, but to have the ability to make a case for Christ and to even possibly persuade further discussion with an unbeliever.
There are many reasons why apologetics should be a priority in every Christian home; last week I shared 5 reasons why you should teach apologetics to your children. If you haven't yet, I urge you to read last week's post. Now that you understand the importance of apologetics in your home, I'll share my top 10 kid friendly resources.
- Cold-Case Christianity for Kids - This free interactive website allows kids to investigate Jesus and the case for God with a real detective (J. Warner Wallace). There is also a book companion for kids ages 8 to 12.
- The Truth Project - My favorite resource by far, due to the complexity of some of the topics, I'd recommend this for kids in middle school and older.
- Kids Answers - This website is run by the awesome staff of Answers in Genesis. You will find free videos, and activities, as well as questions and answers on just about any topic.
- 14 Ways I Teach Apologetics to My 5-Year-Olds - Quick and efficient examples by Natasha Crain, author of Keeping Your Kids on God's Side.
- Case for Christ for Kids - For ages 8 and up, based on Lee Strobel's The Case for Christ.
- Creation for Kids - Part of creation.com, has a wide selection of articles, activities and games.
- Teen Apologetics - Great list of resources geared for teens, by Creation Science 4 Kids.
- Who is God and the What We Believe Series
- BJU Press - Biblical Worldview -
- Jonathan Park Adventure Series - Action packed adventures loved by boys and girls of all ages.
Join me next week, as I share resources to equip and encourage you to a deeper understanding of God's word. What are your favorite apologetics resources for kids?