(This post contains affiliate links, see my full disclosure here.)
Are you in need of encouragement and inspiration for the homeschool blahs?
I’ve heard it say that many homeschoolers are ready to call it quits in November and February. I’ve been there more than once due to burnout and when our routine and curriculum just weren’t working.
Here’s some great news whether this describes how you’re feeling or if you just need some encouragement and inspiration. The bloggers at iHomeschool Network, have put together an amazing resource to get you soaring through the rest of the year.
The Big Book of Homeschool Ideas Volume 2 was just released and is available on paperback and Kindle instant download. This resource covers 57 topics, by 38 homeschool moms. This was not put together by a stranger who’s never been on the homeschool trenches. But by women who have been and still are in your shoes, women one who are schooling multiple ages, women who have successfully graduated their children, women who struggle to keep their homes presentable while educating their children. Yup just like you and me.
Encouragement and Inspiration Topics Include
- Socialization opportunities for teens
- Independent learning for teens
- Fun with high school electives
- Assigning high school credit to life learning opportunities
- Dual enrollment
- Homeschooling to college
- Curriculum recommendations
- How learning styles help your homeschool
- Educational methods to consider
- The secret to raising a writer
- Homeschooling in small spaces
- Teaching with living books
- Homeschooling with chronic illness
- Nature study opportunities for city-dwelling homeschoolers
- Making science and STEM a priority
- Life skills
- Volunteering without leaving home
- Homeschooling a child with ADHD
- Dealing with anti-homeschooling family
We’re talking 355 pages of solid tested advice, ideas and encouragement.
Did I mention I got to contribute with a chapter? You’ll find my chapter Fun with High School Electives in the Teen & Beyond section.
I highly recommend you pick up a copy today. The print copy whether in print or Kindle, it will bless you like the 1st volume blessed me last year, and this 2nd volume has already done.